Sunday, December 7, 2008

my kinda sunday



My Sunday morning routine has been on hold for a couple of weeks due to the new wood flooring installation, which, I am happy to report, has been completed. So today I was able to fall back into my normal habit of having breakfast and lots of coffee while snuggled into my favorite chair for a couple of hours with the sunday paper. I also listed some new pendants in the shop, got a custom order of 5 pendants almost completed, and puttered around the house a bit. I took frequent breaks to snuggle with the cats, or get something to eat or drink, and of course I spent a fair amount of time on Etsy and reading Post Secret. I love these oh-so-rare days that I get to stay home in my pjs; no getting dressed, no makeup, no worries...mmmmmmmm. It felt good to take it easy after the disaster that was Friday, aka the holiday show. I don't want to give it enough thought to write about it, but I will tell you about a good thing that came from it....I met Shannon of Helicopter Studios! She was sitting at the table right beside me, and I overheard another vendor tell her they had seen her stuff on Etsy, so we began talking about our art and Etsy and everyting. It was truly the highlight of my day! Then on Saturday I went to a consignment shop I recently discovered and out front they had a large bench full of books for FREE! I got so many I could barely make it to the car without stopping to rest. One of them is that big beauty in the picture...a humongous dictionary! It was published in 1966, so we are the same age! And it has all kinds of lists and info, even german, spanish and french translation! It's about 5 inches thick, and is easily my favorite find to date. Yea, I'm a total geek!

No comments:

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...