Wednesday, September 6, 2017

It'a a rainy Wednesday....

We've had some real downpours lately, which makes my 40 minute work commute via the interstate a real pain in the ass.  But at least my home isn't flooded and my world turned upside down, so I'm very thankful.  And Irma.....I just have no words for that.  I feel so helpless, and no amount of thoughts and prayers will ever be enough for those affected.  I have to change the subject now or I'll risk falling into that theworldissuchashitstormandwhatsthepointineventrying downward spiral.

I'm on my second glass of wine since arriving home from my podiatrist's office.  I had surgery on my right big toe in June, and the existing nail was just hanging on, so I had it removed.  The wine is insurance against feeling too much pain once the numbness wears off.  Yea, I'm a pussy, but I deal with pain each and every day, so I avoid it when possible.

My studio is upstairs, so for the second night in a row I'm not up to climbing stairs to get there. Instead, I'm cooking.  It feels like Fall here today in central NC, and I wanted something warm and comforting for dinner.  I wanted to make soup, but don't have the ingredients needed, so I'm settling for pinto beans. They're cooking in my pressure cooker as I type.  I'm having cornbread too, and had an idea to make it in my new waffle maker instead of the usual iron skillet.  I looked online, and it's a thing - there's tons of recipes out there - so I'm doing it.  Per my usual, I'm ignoring the recipes and doing my own thing, so we'll see how it goes.....I just took a break to make the waffle cornbread and it's awesome. A cornbread waffle has to cook about 3 times longer than a regular waffle if you want the outside to be crispy, but it was a breeze.

I just checked the beans...they're done, but I like to smash some of them and make the "soup" thicker, so I did that and they're now just boiling for a while, no longer pressurized.  It's gonna be a good dinner!  Hope you guys have a great evening.


No comments:

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...