Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Happy hump day




Today was a much better day than yesterday, and I can think of 2 possible reasons why: first, I slept better last night and therefore felt more energized today, and second, I think it was good for me to get everything out by writing about my emotional state in yesterday's post. There have been nights that I have had something on my mind and just can't rest until I get up and write it down--just get it out of me. So I know how therapeautic blogging is going to be for me. Here are a few pics of some of the fabulous works that came out of the class I had with Leslie Riley at Art & Soul. Notice how the clothing is pleated and all the other details on the figures, although my picture-taking skills do not do them justice. I have others to show you, so just keep tuning in!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Chandra,

Welcome back to "normalcy" (hah!) I know you agree that A&S was awesome and at the same time a bit overwhelming. I wish I had taken another class this time, but am so glad I had a chance to learn from Traci (Bautista). Her style really struck a chord with me and I can't wait to play some more with doodling. I'm glad you wanted to run away at lunch so we could get to know each other. Really enjoyed my sunday and finding a kindred spirit.

Ellen

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...