Thursday, May 17, 2007

I scored!




I know a lot of you reading this can relate....I was driving through the neighborhood on my way home for lunch and noticed a big pile of stuff by the curb that someone had put out for the garbage collectors. I always slow down to take in these heaps of potential to see if there is something I need to rescue. Today nothing jumped out at me, but there was a door with a ripped screen in it standing up by the garbage can. I continued on home but it dawned on me that I could cut the screen out of it's frame easily with my exacto knife and just leave the frame there to be picked up, and that's exactly what I did! What a rush! The screen has tons of potential uses, I got it free, and I kept a little something from going to the landfill! YEAH! Here are some pics of what I discovered on my deck this past Saturday. Click on the images to make them bigger. I told Mr. Snake he could live peacefully under my deck if he didn't harm the babes....so far he has kept his end of the deal.

1 comment:

random notes said...

Chandra, Keep a close eye on that snake since they like baby birds in a much different way than we do.
Don't get down about your creativity... every day is a new day. If it doesnt work a certain way today it will be better tomorrow. Just remember that it's all about YOUR
design and YOUR ideas, not someone else. Bring it out girl. You can do it. I know about the sleeplessness. Yuck. Ruins the whole day. Today is the beginning of your weekend. Finally it's here. Go for it!!!!
Come see me in Saluda
Jane

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...