Thursday, June 14, 2007

Into the Light

I have been in a dark, dark place lately, and I don't mean because I've run out of light bulbs. It's been so bad I can barely stand myself at times. Usually when I get this way--which is a lot less frequently than I used to, thank you Universe!--something will happen, something small, that will snap me out of it. Today that something was an email from a friend that I haven't known that long, Jane. She reminded me of something that I already know, and believe, but had somehow lost sight of in all the blackness that had engulfed me. She reminded me that I can change the way I think. That one little reminder ignited that little spark down deep inside me, and like any fire, it burned brighter and brighter. And as it melted those frozen parts of me, I began to think of various other beliefs I hold, like my philosophy on forgiveness and being a victim, etc. (which I don't have the energy to go into right now) and thinking about all those things have put me in a much better place tonight. So thank you Jane--thank you so much for being the messenger of that one little thing I so desperately needed.

And no, I haven't forgotten the pics of the pants:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The swirl design in the first pic is the stencil I made. I got carried away and sprayed too much paint for it, and when I wore the pants yesterday the paint began to crack and flake off a little, so I know when I wash them quite a bit of it will come off. I scratched an area off though, and I think even if it does fade in the wash it will be ok. I thought there was too much contrast between the black paint and the beige pants, so I over-sprayed a little, and kinda let the paint nozzle drip to get some little blobs of paint here and there. I like the way they turned out, but before I wash them I'm gonna put something on the back side. It looks funny because the front is decorated and the back is naked.

This weekend we are off to Tennessee for a wedding, so this will be my last post for a few days. Tonight I am thankful for ALL the friends I have who help me through this crazy life. Thank you--Thank you--Thank you!!!

No comments:

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...