Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Evening storms.....

...I absolutely love them. Last night I sat at the open sliding glass doors till it rained so hard it started splattering in on me and the cats. Tonight I practically hung out my craft room window watching the lightening and feeling the wind as it blowed the trees in my backyard around. Storms just mesmerize me, and help me connect with something deep inside me, which is exactly what I need right now. Something else I sorely needed was the amazing massage I got earlier this evening. My back still isn't well, but after that it is tons better. I have been going to the same massage therapist, Steve, off and on for about 4 years now, and he does amazing work. He pampers me and gives me exactly the kind of massage I want...deep tissue here, soft touch there.....lights low so I can zone out, hot stones on my spine....YUM. I go once a month, and I wish I could go every 2 weeks. Besides relaxing me, it makes me feel more in touch with my body, making me feel more present in it, somehow. If you don't get regular massages, start immediately. Find a therapist you are 100% comfortable with who will give you the kind of massage you want, not just a cookie cutter treatment everyone gets. You will be amazed at the difference you feel, both physically and mentally. Tomorrow night is book group, and of course I am looking forward to that. This month we are discussing "The Glass Castle" by Jeannette Walls--a very interesting book that should make for some interesting discussions.
Ciao!

No comments:

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...