Saturday, June 2, 2007

June 2nd

I've got some fog in my brain today and didn't want to think about a title for this post....LOL. Hard to believe it's June already. Being a cold weather kinda gal, Summer is my least favorite time of year and I am already dreading the smoldering days ahead. I've been trying to stop that--dreading things--and just deal with life on a day-to-day basis. It sure makes things easier when I manage to do that, but like anything it's taking some practice to learn a new habit. Artistically (is that a word?), I plan on trying my hand at some of the spray painting techniques like those published in Somerset Studio by Michelle Ward and Lisa Hoffman (check out their blogs via the links on the left). I am so good at buying all the necessary things to do a project, but when it actually comes to doing it, that's another story. I have a pair of capri pants that I love that got bleach on them, and my plan is to spraypaint a design over that spot. The main thing standing in my way is the stencil I want to use, because I have to make it since I can't find the design I want to use. I have it drawn out on paper, now it's just a matter of tracing it onto the stencil blank and cutting it out. If I play with the paints I will post a pic. I have also been gearing up to make some ATCs. I am so into vintage nudes, and I purchased a 3 cd set of pics off Ebay...30,000 images!!! So I am in the process of compiling my own collage sheets with my favorite images and going from there. I also found a book at Goodwill, called "Charm", copyright 1964, that has all kinds of tips for ladies ranging from how to assemble the proper wardrobe to how to keep those pesky emotions in check at the office. It's a hoot to say the least, and I'm gonna head over to the new FedEx Kinkos near my house to make some copies to use in my naughty ATCs.

1 comment:

random notes said...

Just do what I did. I joined a 6/5 swap for ATC's and I had a deadline to meet. That's what I need to get a project done. Pick just one thing and do it. It is so easy to get off track with all the things that we want to do. I totally understand. The spray paint sounds cool. Try it on something old with some random stencil that you have lying around. Then you will see how it works before you do it on your "proposed project". It might not be perfect the first time but... experimentation will serve you well.
Jane

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...