Wednesday, August 13, 2008

rainy days and cats

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs
should relax and get used to the idea.
- Robert A. Heinlein





It’s a cloudy rainy day here in my neck o’North Carolina today, and I LOVE IT. I will choose rain and clouds over blue sky and sunshine any day. I would love to live in an area that gets rain more days of the year than not, but that isn’t very good weather for golfing, so the husband wont consider it. So I enjoy it when I am able to. I don’t know why I love it so….maybe because the trees and everything in nature look so different in the rain. Buildings, houses look different. Even people look different….scurrying to get in the door, in the car….no standing around outside doors or sitting on benches on rainy days. No perky fitness walkers trotting up and down the sidewalk outside my office during lunchtime…no sireeee. I’ve had friends I haven’t heard from in ages call me up on rainy days to say they were reminded of me, knowing how much I love the rain. I like that…another reason to like the rain…who knows, maybe now you will think of me when it rains too

No comments:

The Eve of 51

Just writing the title made me burst into tears.  Not for growing older...I'm thankful for every day in this lifetime.  Not for physical...